AP Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2017
Admissions in the government run/allied post graduate medical and engineering/pharmacy colleges in Andhra Pradesh are done through the exams Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (AP PGMET) and Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET).
AP PGECET 2017
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test or AP PGECET is conducted in the state of Andhra Pradesh for admissions in post graduate streams of Pharmacy, Engineering, Technology i.e.in M.Pharm, M.Tech, M.E. and Pharm D. The exam is conducted by JNTU, Kakinada. The other body associated with the exam is The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
Eligibility for AP PGECET 2017
- The candidate must be an Indian
- The candidate should belong to Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate must have passed the necessary graduation exam i.e. B.Pharm for Admission to M.Pharm and B.E. or B.Tech for admission to M.E or M.Tech in particular streams He /she must also have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in graduation (45% for reserved category candidates).
AP PGECET 2017 Application form
- The AP PGECET 2017 application form is available online on internet on websites appgecet.org and www.jntuk.edu.in.
- The candidate has to fill all his/her educational and personal details in the application form. He also needs to upload his/her signature and photograph in the online form. Application fee for the exam can be paid through credit /debit card, through online banking and through AP online centers.
- The application fee for appearing in the PGECET exam is Rs 500 for one test for general candidates and Rs 250 for one test for SC, ST candidates. If a candidate wants to appear for more than one course and test, then he/she has to fill a separate form.
AP PGECET 2017 important dates
- Start of online application process- last week March 2017
- Last date of submitting online exam form-third week April 2017
- Last of submitting examination form with late fee- third week May 2017.
- Downloading of admit cards/hall tickets starts form- 10 days before exam date
- Dates of examination – Last week of May 2017.
Schedule of AP PGECET 2017
_____ May 2017- Nano Technology From 10 am to 12 noon, Computer Science and Information Technology from 2 pm to 4 pm.
______ May 2017- Electronics and Communication/Bio tech/Aerospsace- From 10 am to 12 noon. Civil/Mechanical/ Food Technology/ Electric- From 2 pm to 4 pm.
______ May 2017- Instrumentation/Chemical and Metallurgy- From 10 am to 12 noon. Pharmacy/Geo Engineering and Geo Informatics From- 2 pm to 4 pm.
Other details regarding AP PGECET 2017 exam
Any candidates who has qualified GATE/GPAT with good marks need not sit in AP PGECET 2017. The candidates who qualify and hold a rank in AP PGECET 2017 will be admitted to the post graduate colleges after admitting the GPAT/GATE qualified candidates.
The AP PGECET is an objective answer type exam. Each question paper will carry 120 questions with 1 mark each. Duration of the test is 2 hours. The question papers will be specific to the PG course opted by the candidate.
AP PGECET 2017 will be conducted at various cities in Andhra Pradesh. These include Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Kakinada, Anantapuram and Tirupathi.
Any queries regarding the exam and the courses can be addressed to the email id [email protected]. Candidates can also resolve their queries on phone. The phone number is 0884-2356255.
Candidates can obtain the course specific syllabus from the website link given below.
Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test 2017 or the AP PGMET 2017
The AP PGMET or the Andhra Pradesh Post graduate Medical entrance Exam is conducted in the state of Andhra Pradesh for admissions to the medical colleges that are affiliated to Dr.NTR University of health Sciences. Through the AP PGMET 2017 exam, admissions will be done to courses like MD/MS/Diploma and MDS Degree/Diploma.
Eligibility for AP PGMET 2017
The candidate must have passed MBBS/BDS from an institution approved by MCI/DCI. He/she must also have completed his/her internship or would be completing it before last week of March 2017.
AP PGMET 2017 application form
- The AP PGMET 2017 application form is available at the website http://www.drntruhs.org.
- The candidate has to fill his/her details step by step in the application form. He/ she also needs to upload his/her photograph and signature in the application form.
- The fee for the exam can be paid through credit/debit card or through net banking.
- Application fee for the AP PGMET 2017 exam is Rs 3000 for OC and BC candidates. For SC, ST candidates it is Rs 2700.
- After filling the online AP PGMET 2017 online application form and paying the fee, the candidate must take out a hard/print copy of the form. The print out of the form along with copies of educational certificates (attested by a gazetted officer) has to be sent to :
Post graduate Admissions Committee,
Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, AP.P.,
AP PGMET 2017 Important dates
Last date of receiving the print out of the application form along with attested Xerox copies of educational documents by the university is ____ Feb 2017 (5 pm). After 5 pm of ___ Feb 2017, no application forms will be accepted by the university. A candidate can also submit the form in person.
Download of Admit Cards for the MD/MS/Diploma exams can be done from the website http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in/ from Feb 2017 onwards.
- Download of admit cards for MDS/Degree diploma course starts form Feb 2017 Last week.
- Date of examination for MD/MS/Diploma is first week of March 2017 form 10 am to 1 pm.
- Date of examination of MDS Degree/diploma course is 8th march 201 from 11 to 12.30 pm.
APPG Contact details
CONVENER APPGECET 2017 Ist Floor, Administrative Building, JNT University Kakinada Kakinada – 533003 Andhra Pradesh. Phone : 0884-2356355 Email : [email protected] Official website: http://appgecet.org/ Go to Homepage: Education God