The Assam CEE or Assam Common Entrance Examination is conducted by the Dibrugarh University for admissions in medical and engineering colleges of Assam. The Universities, government colleges and other professional institutes in the state of Assam admit students to their colleges on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the CEE exam.
Assam CEE 2018
After clearing the exam, a candidate will be able to get admission in medical, dental or engineering colleges of Assam. He must hold good rank and obtain good marks in the examination to get admissions in the premier institutions of Assam.
Assam CEE Examination Centers
The examination centers for appearing in CEE are distributed throughout the state of Assam. The cities where the CEE will be conducted include Silchar, Nalbari, Bongaigaon, Guwahati, Lakhimpur, Jorhat, Tezpur, Guwahati and Dibrugarh. The official notification for the CEE is published on the official website of the CEE.
CEE Assam 2018 Important Dates
The tentative dates for various stages of the exam are given below:
- Starting date of CEE Online application form filling procedure: April 1st week 2018
- Closing date of CEE online submission of application forms: April last week
- Date of issue of Admit Cards: May 2018.
- Tentative Exam Date: May first week 2018
- Result declaration of CEE exam: June 2018
CEE Assam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for candidates who want to appear in the Assam CEE are given below:
- HSLC or 12th standard examination must have been cleared by the candidate.
- Age limitation is 17 years (minimum) to 21 years (maximum).
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and a resident of Assam for appearing in CEE.
- He/she must have 4 years of schooling i.e. HSLC or equivalent stage or HSLC and HSSLC or equivalent stage through regular classes from recognized schools situated in Assam.
- If the student has not done his/her schooling from Assam then his/her father or mother must have done their schooling(at least 4 years)in Assam. A certificate is required in this regard.
- The candidate must have passed his examination of the 12th standard without any grace marks and must have obtained a minimum of 60% of marks in physics, chemistry, and biology (in aggregate is taken together). This criterion is for aspirants who would appear for MBBS/BDS exam. The minimum percentage requirement for OBC, SC, MOBC and ST candidates is 50%.
- The candidate must have passed the HSLC exam/equivalent exam from a government recognized institution in the same sitting without nay grace marks. He must have obtained at least 50% in aggregate in physics, chemistry, mathematics, and English. The lower percentage limit is 45% for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved category candidates.
- The maximum age is relaxed for three years for candidates of SC, ST OBC, and MOBC category.
- The candidate must be physically fit.
CEE Assam 2018 Application form
The application form of the Assam CEE is available on the official website of Dibrugarh University.
The candidate has to enter his details in the online application form. He/she has to upload a passport size recent photograph. The candidate must also upload a scanned image of his signature.
The candidate can submit the examination fees by printing out the bank challan issued on the website. The bank challan can be used to submit the exam fees in any State Bank of India branch.
CEE Assam 2018 Application fee
The application fee for the CEE exam for medical and engineering aspirants is Rs.1040 respectively. For candidates who want to appear for both, the admission fee is 1240. The candidate will have to deposit Rs 500 as counseling fees at the time of counseling.
The merit list will be published on the Dibrugarh University official website.
Assam CEE 2018 paper pattern
- Question paper of CEE for admission to MBBS/BDS course will consist of questions based on three subjects. These are:
- Physics -100 marks
- Chemistry-100 marks
- Biology-100 marks
- Question paper for admissions in engineering courses i.e. B.E./B.Tech. will consist of questions based again on three subjects.
- Physics- 100 marks.
- Chemistry-100 marks
- Mathematics-100 marks.
Thus, the total marks for CEE will be 300 for both engineering and medical aspirants.
Assam CEE Syllabus 2018
The syllabus for the exam will be same as the syllabus of NCERT that is adopted by the Assam HSLC board.
The advertisement for CEE is published in leading national dailies.
CEE Assam 2018 Admit Card
After scrutinizing the applications forms, the CEE examination authority will issue admit cards for candidates. The applications that are not correct or unclear will be rejected.
After the exam, the results will be declared on the official website of the CEE conducting authority i.e. on Dibrugarh University’s website. After that, a list of general category candidates and reserved category candidates will be prepared prior to the admissions.
CEE Assam 2018 answer key
Candidates who aspire to be doctors and engineers can study in coaching institutions located in Assam to study according to the exam pattern and syllabus. They can also purchase books for the purpose. Several websites on the internet have previous year’s question which can be downloaded and solved.
Assam CEE contact Details
Member Secretary, Cell, CEE – 2014, Dibrugarh University, Assam, IND Website: http://ceemedu.org/ Go to Homepage
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂