BCECE Board 2017
The BCECEB or Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board is a regulatory body of the state of Bihar that was constituted under the Bihar Competitive Examination Act 1995. The main responsibility of BCECEB is to conduct combined entrance examination for admissions in the medical, engineering and agriculture colleges of Bihar. The candidates who want to pursue medical, engineering and agriculture courses in the Universities, government colleges, government-aided colleges and other professional institutions of Bihar should apply for the BCECE exam that is conducted by the BCECEB board.
The BCECE is for admission to professional undergraduate courses in medical (M.B.B.S.,B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B..U.M.S. etc.), engineering (B.E./B.TECH.), pharmacy(B.PHARM.), paramedical, biotechnology, dairy technology, fisheries and agriculture streams, The contact address of BCECEB is:
I.A.S. ASSOCIATION BUILDING,
NEAR PATNA AIRPORT,
PATNA – 800014, BIHAR,(INDIA)
Contact no:0612-2220230, 0612-2225387
BCECE 2017 Eligibility
- The candidate must have cleared his 12th standard examination or should be appearing for it in 2017.
- The candidates can also apply in the reserve category and get access to reservation seats. For getting admission in reserved category, the candidate must belong to the SC, ST, EBC or BC category.
- Academic qualification for admission to Engineering and Technology course (B.E. and B.Tech.) is that the candidate must have obtained at least 45% in the subject group of physics, mathematics and chemistry or biotechnology or zoology or any other technical vocational subject. The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
- Academic qualification for admission to pharmacy course (B.Pharm.) is that the candidate must have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics or biotechnology or zoology or technical vocational subject in his 12th standard and should have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate in the above mentioned group of subjects. This lower percentage limit is for general category, EBC and BC candidates. For SC/ST candidates the lower limit is 40%.
- For admission to MBBS, BAMS, BDS undergraduate course the candidate must have obtained 50 % marks in aggregate in chemistry, physics and biology (botany and zoology) in his 12th The candidate must also have studied English language and literature in his 12th standard. The lower limit for SC/ST candidates is 40%. For studying in BUMS course it is essential for the candidate to have studied Urdu 10th standard.
- For B.Sc. agriculture the candidate must have passed his 12th standard examination and should have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics or agriculture or biology in his 12th
- For pursuing B.V.Sc, and A.H the candidate must have studied physics, chemistry and biology in his/her 12th standard and must have passed the exam.
- For pursuing B.Tech. dairy technology, the candidate must have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in his 12th standard and must have passed the exam.
- For pursuing bachelor in Fishery Sciences, the candidate must have passed the 12th examination with subjects physics, chemistry and biology.
- For pursuing B.Tech. in Biotechnology, the candidate must have studied physics, chemistry, and biology or mathematics or biotechnology in his 12th standard and must have passed the exam.
- Only candidate who belong to Bihar (domiciles of Bihar) or the candidates who are from outside the state but their parents are working in Bihar Government enterprises or the candidates who are central government employees but are stationed in Bihar or the candidates whose parents are refugees in Bihar can apply for BCECE.
- The candidates who will pass BCECE will have to undergo a physical test. Only physically fit candidates will be given admission in the courses.
- There is no lower age limit for admission in engineering and pharmacy courses. However the candidate must be at least 17 years of age on December 2017 for appearing in the medical and agriculture courses.
BCECE 2017 Application form
- The candidate has to first register himself/herself on BCECEB website bceceboard.com or on www.bcecebonline.com.
- He/she will have to fill the online application in a correct manner. The fees for BCECE can be submitted with the help of the bank challan issued by the website. The candidate has to download the bank challan and submit the fees at any branch of Canara Bank. He/she will be given a transaction number that has to entered in the application form.
- The application fee for general category candidates, backward class candidates and extremely backward class candidates who want to appear either for engineering and related courses(physics, chemistry and mathematics group) or medical, paramedical and related courses(physics, chemistry and biology group) have to submit a fee of Rs.660. Fee for SC/ST candidates is lower and is Rs. 330.
- The candidates who want to appear for both the groups (physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology) subject group have to deposit a fee of Rs.730. The fee is Rs. 365 for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate has to upload his photograph on the online application page.
- After filling all the personal details in the application form, the candidates must cross check it, preview it and then download the form.
- The candidate should affix the same photograph which he has uploaded on the website and sign the application form in given space.
- The candidate should then attach all the necessary documents with the application form. The documents include 12th mark-sheet and certificate, caste certificate, refugee certificate etc. according to his/her application form filled details.
- The candidate should send the application form to:
Controller of Examination,
B.C.E.C.E. Board, I.A.S. Association
Near Patna Airport,
Patna – 800014
BCECE 2017 Examination centers
There are 38 examination centers where the BCECE will be conducted in Bihar. BCECE will also be conducted outside Bihar i.e. in Jharkhand and other states. A complete list of examination centers is published on the BCECE application form.
BCECE 2017 Admit card
The BCECE admit card will be available online on BCECE website. Only those candidates who have the necessary qualifications for appearing in BCECE, have submitted the fee and have completed all the necessary procedures of BCECE-2017 application will be allotted the BCECE-2017 Admit Card.
BCECE 2017 Important dates
- Last date of getting registered on BCECEB website and Filling the online application form: March first week
- Last date of receiving the hard copy of the online application form along with necessary documents: March Second week
- Date of examination
Examination’s 1st stage date: April third week
Examination’s 2nd stage date: May third week
Schedule for admission to engineering courses (AICTE notification)
- Conduct of entrance examination- in May 2017
- Declaration of result- before 1st week of June
- Counseling and allotment of seats: from June last week to July third week.
- Commencement of academic session: First week of August
You can get more information on the syllabus of BCECE through the website link given below:
BCECE 2017 answer key
Some of the previous year question papers of BCECE can be downloaded from the website web page links given below.
The candidates are advised to study their group of subjects well enough to get good rank in the BCECE 2017 exam. They can also join a coaching institute and get specialized study material and professional teachers.
BCECE contact details
BCECE BOARD, I.A.S. Association Building NEAR PATNA AIRPORT, PATNA - 800014, BIHAR (INDIA) Contact no: 0612-2220230, 0612-2225387 Website1: www.bceceboard.com Website2: www.bcecebonline.com Go to Homepage