BITSAT known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is conducted by Bits Pilani for the admission of engineering degree courses at the BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. The students who aim to study in BITS can apply and register with the help of the procedures given on their website.
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT is being conducted to avail admission in Engineering Degree courses at BITS Pilani campus. BITS has its campuses in Goa, Pilani, and Hyderabad. You can read complete article to get details about BITSAT 2018 Application form, Eligibility, Syllabus and exam pattern etc.
In 2016 only, more than 1.84 lakh candidates took part in the examination. There were around 2000 seats in various programs under BITS.
- Exam: BITSAT
- Undertaking Institute: Birla Institute of Technology & Science
- Category: Under Graduate Entrance Exam
- Type: University Level
- Why It’s conducted: To provide admission in BITS Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campus.
BITSAT 2018 Application form
BITSAT application forms will be released in 3rd week of December 2016 and the last date for the submission of online application will be around last week of February 2017. Candidates will have to visit the official website of BITS to download the application and then fill the application form properly.
The BITSAT application fee for this exam is Rs. 2090 and Rs. 1590 for the female candidates. For Dubai center, the fees for male and female candidates will be Rs. 3100/- that can be paid via Credit card/debit card / net banking/cash. Since the students can apply for this exam online, their filled application form along with the DD of the application fee must reach the university office before the specified date that is ___ February 2017, up to 5 pm for 2017.
BITSAT 2018 eligibility criteria
- Those students who want to apply for this exam should have their completed 10 and 12th certificates or any diplomas course from a recognized board in the country.
- Only students who have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects like physics, math, and chemistry can be called eligible for this exam.
- Also, they must have secured 60% in each subject separately.
- Candidates should have good proficiency level and knowledge in English, both talking and writing.
- For students who are attending for BITSAT exams for the year 2018, those who have passed their 10+2 exam in 2015 or earlier are not eligible
- And, the candidates who are appearing for their Class 12th or another equivalent exam in the year 2018 are also eligible to apply for this exam in 2018.
- Students will be selected in the exam on the basis of their performance in the BITSAT exam of the year 2018 and also with their class 12th marks.
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus & Pattern
While the BITSAT syllabus for this paper includes subjects like physics, chemistry, English proficiency, mathematics, logical reasoning, mathematics, and B.pharm.
|No. of Questions||Subject||Exam Section|
(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
BITSAT 2018 exams is a computer based online test. The duration of this test will be three hours with 150 multiple choice questions and the paper will be divided into four different sections. While the first section in physics will have 40 questions, the second part will have 40 marks in the chemistry paper. While the third paper will have questions to test the English proficiency of the candidate with 15 questions and logical reasoning with 10 marks each. While the last part is important of all since it has 45 questions of math questions. Each answer with getting three marks each and a wrong answer will lead to the loss of one mark, just like other exams and guessing is not an option here.
BITSAT 2018 exam centers
For providing easy admission to the Integrated First Degree Programmes, the tests will be conducted in the May 2018 by the BITS Pilani across various cities across the country and also in the campuses in Pilani across the cities of Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
BITSAT 2018 Admit card
BITSAT 2018 Admit card which also called as Exam hall ticket is needed for candidates to enter the exam hall. Admit card also contains some important details about candidates & examination like Candidate’s name, Exam Date, Date of Birth, Registration Number, Exam center and timing etc. You will have to download BITSAT hall ticket from the official website of BITS Institute after the official release.
BITSAT 2018 Important Dates
BITSAT dates are necessary to check by candidates because these include schedule for Application, Exam Date, Admit card release date, Result date, counseling dates and wait for list declaration date.
|Event Name||Date [Tentative]|
|BITSAT application form availability||3rd Week December 2017|
|Last Date for BITSAT Application||4th Week February 2018|
|BITSAT Test center allotment||4th Week February 2018|
|Test Date reservation by candidates||1st to 3rd Week March 2018|
|BITSAT Admit card release date||3rd -4th Week April 2018|
|BITSAT online tests dates||2nd -4th Week May 2018|
|Date to apply for admission in campus with 12th standard marks & preferences to degree course||3rd Week May- 4th Week June 2018|
|Waiting list announcement||1st Week July 2018|
The other details and question papers for practicing for the exam will be available in any of the websites of BITS Pilani or BITSAT’s official site.
BITSAT 2018 counseling
There are a few steps under which the process will take place:
- The BITSAT 2018 counseling will be for BITSAT qualified students on the basis of their merit ranks scored by the students in their entrance exam.
- Candidates should apply online for the BITSAT counseling once and the call will be announced by them and the copies must be printed to BITS Pilani.
- They are supposed to submit their original certificates for the certification before the seat allotment in the institutions.
- It is very important that the students should pay the required fees upon the seat allotment to confirm the admission.
BITSAT contact details
Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani- 333 031 (Rajasthan) India
Tel: 01596-242205, 01596-515294 / 330
E-mail Id: [email protected]