CENTAC or Centralized Admission Committee is a regulatory body in Puducherry which is responsible for taking admissions in B.Tech., M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.Pt, B.Sc. Nursing, B. Pharm., B.Sc. (MLT) degree courses in the colleges that are run by Societies in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
By applying to the CENTAC Admission procedure, the candidate will be able to get admission in the first year of the above-mentioned courses.
CENTAC 2018 Application form
- The admissions through CENTAC 2018 are provided in colleges that are run by 7 societies of the Government of Puducherry. The candidates will be able to fill the CENTAC online application form in August 2018. The application forms of CENTAC can only be filled online.
- The candidate must have a mobile number for filling the application form.
- Candidates have to fill in his/her details and then take out of the filled in application forms. It is necessary to fill the application form according to guidelines provided. The application form for CENTAC will be available on the website cent online.in.
- The application that a candidate makes online will be considered only when he/she sends the printout of the application form along with the necessary documents and demand draft to the address:
The necessary documents that are to be attached with the application form include the attested passport size photograph, attested copies of certificates and the application fee in the form of demand draft.
CENTAC 2018 Application fee
The application fee for CENTAC 2018 is different for the different class of candidates. it also varies with the number of courses a candidate wants to apply for.
- For applying to engineering or medical courses or pharmacy course ( the single application for 1 course only out of three) the fees is Rs. 500 for general candidates and Rs. 250 for SC/ST and other reserved category candidates.
- For applying to any two courses out of medical engineering or pharmacy the fees is Rs. 750 for general candidates and 375 for SC/ST and other reserved category candidates.
- If the candidate wants to apply to all the three streams of undergraduate education his/her fees will be Rs. 100 for general candidates and Rs. 500 for SC/ST and other reserved category candidates.
- The candidates who will not receive their HSC mark-sheets and certificates at the time of filling of application forms can also apply for the CENTAC 2018 counselling. They will have to take the printout of the online mark-sheet. The document must be attested and then attached with the application form.
- The demand draft has to be made in favor of the Convenor, CENTAC 2018 payable at Puducherry.
CENTAC 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Academic qualification for admission in biology based courses including M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.V.S.C. and A.H., B.D.S. and B.PT.- The general category candidates must have obtained at least 50% in their 12th standard examination in aggregate in physics, chemistry, and biology or biotechnology. For SC, ST, OBC, MBC, BCM, and EBC (reserved category) the lower percentage limit is 40%.
Academic qualification for admission to B.Tech course: For applying to B.Tech. course under CENTAC 2018 colleges, a candidate must have studied physicS, mathematics in 12TH standard. The third subject has to be out of chemistry, biotechnology, biology (botany and zoology) or computer science.
Academic qualification for admission to B. Pharm. course– For applying for admission to the pharmacy course B. Pharm., a candidate must have studied physics and chemistry in his 12th The third subject must be out of mathematics or biotechnology or biology (botany and zoology) or computer science. The general category candidates must have got 45% marks in the above combination of subjects. For reserved category candidates, the lower limit is 40%.
Academic qualification or B.Sc. Nursing course– The candidate must have got a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) in aggregate in physics, chemistry, and biology.
Academic qualification for admission to B.Sc.(MLT)– here the lower limit is 50%(40% for reserved category) in aggregate in physics, chemistry, and biology.
The candidate must have passed his 12th examination from The Board of Higher Secondary Education of Tamil Nadu or any other board (ex. C.B.S.E, I.S.C.) recognized by the University. Studying English at 12th level is mandatory for applying to all the above courses.
CENTAC 2018 Age limit for different courses
- For M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.A.M.S., B.V.S.C. and A.H. and B.Sc. Nursing the lower age limit is 17 years. There is no upper age limit.
- For B.Tech. there is no lower age limit. The upper age limit is 21 years.
- For B.PT. the lower age limit is 17 years while the upper age limit is 25 years.
- For B.Sc. (MLT) and B.Pharm. there is no upper and lower age limit.
- Candidates who belong to Puducherry are eligible for all the above-mentioned degree courses. Also, a candidate whose father, mother or guardian is residing in Puducherry for last 5years is eligible to appear for CENTAC counseling. Candidates who have done last 5 years of schooling in Puducherry immediately preceding the 12th standard exam are eligible to appear for CENTAC 2018 counselling.
- Central government personnel’s, para-military personnel’s children can also appear in CENTAC counselling if their parent is in Puducherry Union Territory for the last 1 year or more.
- French nations can also apply for CENTAC counselling. The French nationals who are covered by the terms of “treaty of cession” are treated on par with other candidates.
Ranking of candidates
The candidates will be ranked in CENTAC 2018 on the basis of their performance in their 12th standard examination in the respective group of subjects. For example, the M.B.B.S., B.D.S. candidates will be ranked according to their marks they obtained in physics, chemistry, and biology (or the other third subject0 in their 12th standard.
CENTAC 2018 Counselling
After making a ranking list, CENTAC will call the candidates for counseling. Counseling will be held at Puducherry Engineering College, Pillaichavady in Puducherry. The candidates will be notified for counseling through personal emails and publications in newspapers. The official website of the CENTAC 2018 will also publish documents in this regard.
CENTAC admit card 2018
The candidates will get the counseling appearance tickets prior to the counseling date. The cards will be mailed to them and will also be available online on the CNETAC website.
CENTAC 2018 cutoff
The candidates must have scored good marks in their 12th standard examination if they want to study in premier undergraduate institutions of Puducherry. They will be ranked according to the undergraduate course they have applied for and the marks they have obtained in the core group of subjects. Thus its is essential for an M.B.B.S. aspirant to get high marks in physics, chemistry and biology or biotechnology etc. to get a seat in a medical college. In CENTAC 12th standard marks are the criterion for admissions unlike many other states and national examinations where the candidate has to appear in a new exam for getting a seat in the undergraduate course.
Govt of Puducherry, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) Pondicherry Engineering College Campus, Puducherry-605014, Tel 0413-2655281, Email: [email protected] Website www.centacprof.net.in Go to Homepage
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂