Applicants are now busy in preparing for the exam which is being held in January and February. These aspirants want to get tips to crack GATE 2018, and we are here to list some of the most effective tips about how to crack GATE exam easily.
How to crack GATE exam
It is a big stress for the students to appear for this exam. With the competition so high and the examination is a tough thing to crack; most of the students reel under the pressure to score well in the examination. GATE score is valid for two years, and there is no way you can assure a better chance in the next examination. You may score well, but you may score lesser than before. This is why every GATE exam is an opportunity to crack and you should leave no stone unturned for it. Mentioned below are a few tips that you can find very useful in cracking the GATE exam. Go through them and simplify the exam.
- Know your Syllabus: It is essential for you to know the GATE syllabus and the pattern before you start preparing for the exam. You cannot just go on studying for it without knowing whether you are going in the right direction or not. The pattern of the exam in important because unless you do not know what the exam paper will look like you will not be able to attempt it properly.
- You must be aware of Exam Pattern: The GATE 2018 will consist of two types of questions. One is the Multiple Choice Questions wherein you have to choose from the various answers given and the other is the analytical questions where in you have to analyze and calculate the answer on the given virtual calculator and then place the correct answer. Candidates are supposed to appear for one subject paper route of the 22 in total, which constitutes the entire examination syllabus.
- Use Best Reference Books: GATE Reference books are the best friends you would make in this. While preparing, some reference books have been categorically made to focus on the exam, and you will be better off preparing for this exam using these books only.
- Make a list of Subjects with their weight: It is advisable to make a list of subjects and then prioritize them according to the weight they hold in the exam. Then a timetable should be made, and preparation for each subject should be made accordingly. Otherwise, you may just end up preparing for random topics, and you will end up being confused.
- Do prepare for the specific topics to make them your power: Covering the entire syllabus is a very good idea, but it may not be possible all the times. So you have to make your mind about what all you want to study about and how. And every subject that you choose, you should then ideally know everything about them.
- Join Good Coaching Institute: Though joining a coaching center does give you an insight into this exam and helps you prepare for this exam at length and perfection, an individual student has been successful too.
- Prepare through Previous year question papers: A very good suggestion is to rush through the question papers of the last ten years at least. This would give you a ballpark idea about the weight of the different subjects and will help you follow the pattern. It is just not right to pressurize yourself before the examination. The best is to relax before the exam and not stress out. Being stressed out before the exam hinders your performance.
- Practice Mock tests: Mock tests among the best sources to test your ability to complete solution for all questions in a limited time. You need to practice through GATE mock tests, and this will make you capable of finishing the exam in the minimum time span.
- Create Balance between Time and Interest: The choice of books you make, the number of hours that you dedicate to this, and the way you prepare make a huge load of difference.
- Understand thing instead of just memorizing: Understand your topics and do not memorize them. When you understand something, you can do it anytime, but if you memorize it, you would forget it anytime and then a mess is created.
- Practice Numerical and MCQs: Practice a huge load of numerical questions and MCQs.
- Revise: Revision is a very important step for your preparation.
- Don’t Panic: Even if you see the paper and realize that you do not know much of the paper. There is no need to panic. Because if the paper is tough for you, the entire batch of the students appearing for the exam will find it difficult.
- Make timetable: Last but one of the most important factors is to create a timetable for yourself. Don’t just go after reading and preparing, allow yourself to enjoy and play games to get relieved from stress.
Follow these preparation tips to crack GATE exam. There is a huge difference between studying hard and studying smart. GATE as an exam requires a smart study mode!