Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test 2018
The Himachal Pradesh state government takes admissions in its Medical and Dental schools through HP CPMT or All India Combined Pre medical test. The HP CPMT is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
The Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test or HP CPMT was earlier conducted for admissions to Medical and Dental courses in the State Government run and private (un aided) medical and dental colleges in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The candidates who obtain a good marks and a attain a rank in the HP CPMT 2018 will be granted admissions to the 4 and a half year MBBS course and the BDS course in different medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh .
The admissions will be based on the ranks and marks obtained by the candidate in HP CPMT. There is a national and a state quota in the allotment of seats in the colleges which take admission through HP CPMT. The national quota seats are for candidates from every state of India while the state quota is reserved for candidates who belong to Himachal Pradesh only. Those who fall under the Himachal Pradesh state quota will get a 15 % reservation during allotment of seats of Himachal Pradesh medical colleges.
The prospectus and the application form are available on the website of HP CPMT. Candidates can read the prospectus which contains all the details of the exam.
Eligibility for appearing in HP CPMT 2018
- The candidate must have passed his/her 12th standard examination from a state government/central government recognized institution and board.
- A candidate appearing for his/her 12th standard exam can also apply for the exam. He/she will be admitted to the courses provided he/she clears the 12th standard exam with required percentage in the desired subjects.
- The candidate must have passed his/her12th standard exam. He/she must have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology. He/she must have also passed the subjects and the subject of English.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age. There is a relaxation for reserved category candidates. It is up to 5 years.
- Those who desire to get Himachal Pradesh state quota admission reservation benefits must have passed at least 2 out of 4 exams viz.11th, 12th, matric and middle from any school located in Himachal Pradesh. The board of the examination viz. CBSE, ICSC, State Board etc. must be recognized by the State government/Central government. However, children of Himachal Pradesh residents who are of employees of other state government/central government are exempted from this rule.
- The reservation for SC and ST candidates during admissions is 15% and 7.5% respectively. Non creamy layer OBC candidates have a reservation of 27%. 3 % of seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
- 15% seats are reserved for state quota. Thus, candidates who belong to Himachal Pradesh will get a benefit for admissions to the medical and dental schools of Himachal Pradesh.
HP CPMT 2018 Application form
- Candidates can apply for the HP CPMT exam online on the website HP CPMT.nic.in.
- The candidates have to enter their personal and educational details step by step in the online form. They also need to upload their photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression in the spaces provided in the online form.
- The HP CPMT fee can be paid through credit/debit card or through bank challan.
- HP CPMT fee for general candidates and OBC candidates is Rs.1200. for SC, ST and PH candidates it is Rs. 650. With late fee, the fee is Rs.2400 for General and OBC candidates and Rs 1850 for SC and ST candidates.
HP CPMT 2018 examination centers
HP CPMT 2018 will be held at all major cities of India. Candidates can download the list from Here.
HP CPMT 2018 Important dates
- Time period for submitting online form- Dec 2017
- Last Date of fee submission- by credit/debit card- week Jan 2018
- By e challan-1st week Feb 2018
- Last date for late fee submission- Jan last week 2018
- Date of uploading of admit cards- 1st week April 2018
- Date of HP CPMT 2018 exam- 1st week of May 2018
- Declaration of result- 1st week of June 2018
HP CPMT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card from the HP CPMT website from 1st week pf April 2018 onwards. The admit card will have their name, test center name, roll number and other details. The candidates must carry the admit card to the examination venue else they will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
HP CPMT Question Paper
The HP CPMT 2018 is an entrance exam for admission to Medical courses. Thus the aspirants are expected to have strong knowledge of the subjects biology (botany/zoology), physics and chemistry. The HP CPMT 2018 question will be based on these subjects. The candidates must study these subjects by heart. They can also study at specialized coaching institutes to get the right and specific study material and coaching.
The HP CPMT question paper will be set both in English and Hindi. The candidates can answer the questions in their choice of medium.
HP CPMT 2018 previous year question papers
Previous year question papers of HP CPMT exam can be download from the website links given below.
The aspirants must learn their +2 syllabus well enough so that obtain good marks and obtain a rank in the HP CPMT 2018 exam. It is also beneficial to study at the coaching institutes and get expert coaching and study material.
Note: HP CPMT or HP PMT exam is now replaced with AIPMT exam… All Details are provided in reference of AIPMT exam.
HP CPMT Exam Contact Details. Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) Summer Hill, Shimla-5. Tel: 0177 - 2830133, 2830218 Website: http://www.hpuniv.nic.in/ Go to Homepage