JEE main 2018 rank list is the measure criteria and a way to get admission in the good Engineering Colleges. JEE Main 2018 rank list will be released by CBSE in 1st week of July 2018. Getting a rank in JEE Mains does not confirm admission in IITs or other institutes as its just the entrance examination. Institutes have their own criteria to take admission every year.
JEE main 2018 rank list [Expected]
Although a good rank in JEE main 2018 rank list can be really useful to get an admission in a reputed college. The better rank a student gets, the better college, he can take admission in.
|Merit||Minimum Percentage Marks||Minimum Aggregate Marks|
|CRL – Common Rank List||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|General-PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-PWD-NCL Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC- PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST- PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Course Rank List||2.5||8.75|
Rules and Conditions
- Only those candidates will get a ranking, who appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Calculation of marks for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics will be done by combining both the marks of Paper 1 and Paper 2
- In case the aggregate score of 2 candidates are same, then the breakup of their scores will be done in the following manner.
- Higher rank will be given to the candidate who has scored higher marks in mathematics
- If that too is same, then test scores of Physics will be compared
- In case that’s too is same, then both candidates are given the same rank in JEE main 2018 rank list.
- If the number of candidates in the categories of ST-PWD, SC, ST, SC-PWD, OBC-NCL-PWD is less than 1.4 times the number of seats available, then only the JEE Main rank list for preparatory courses will be prepared
- Candidates who qualify in more than one category will be considered in all the categories to which they belong
- No waiting list will be prepared for ranking
- Those candidates who score above the minimum marks required in each subject and in aggregate will be included in the JEE Main rank list. Minimum marks for each subject vary. The table above lists all the requirements.
About JEE Main 2018
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted every year. The examination is undertaken by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. JEE is appeared by students who wish to pursue their career in engineering. JEE is their gateway to get admissions at various top engineering colleges across the country. Top technical institutes like IIT, NIIT, and other centrally funded institutes also take admission through JEE Main examination.