JEE mains 2018 Eligibility Criteria: Like every other competitive examination, JEE Mains has its own requirement for appearing in the examination which comes under JEE mains 2018 eligibility Criteria. So candidates first need to know what are the Eligibility conditions for JEE mains 2018. We have discussed each criterion on this page.
JEE Mains 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The description below showcases various requirements for appearing for JEE Mains 2018 examination. You must be eligible to give the examination only when you fulfill all of these JEE mains qualification criteria.
Date of Birth: Candidates born on or after October 01, 1991 are the only candidates who are eligible to attend the JEE Mains 2018 examination.
- In case a candidate is belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD), their upper age limit is exceeded by 5 years.
- Which means Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) who are born on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible to appear in the examination.
- Also, the only date of birth certified by Secondary Education Board/University certificate is considered to be an authentic source to check the candidate’s birth date.
Year of Qualifying 12th Examination: Only those candidates can appear for JEE Mains 2018 examination who has cleared the 12th examination in 2016 or 2018 or those who will be appearing for their 12th class examination in the year 2018.
- So the candidates who have passed their 12th class prior to 2015 are not eligible for appearing
- Candidates who failed their 12th class in 2014 and passed in 2015 will also not be eligible for the examination
- For appearing JEE Advanced 2018, the eligibility for various institutes differs, hence it is suggested that the candidates must keep a check on the eligibility and the criteria put forth by the Institute.
Number of Attempts for Each Student
- For any candidate, the number of attempts that he can make is limited to 3 for JEE Mains 2018
- Although for seeking admission for the institutes in the states of Maharashtra, Nagaland, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha, students are advised to verify their eligibility or number of attempts with the state governments
- Also, the number of attempts for JEE Mains and JEE Advance may differ. So the students are suggested to ensure the number of attempts for appearing in the examination as per the guidelines put forth
Candidates should have taken 5 subjects in their 12th class examination or any other qualifying examination to stand eligible to write for the examination of JEE Mains 2018. All these conditions come under JEE mains 2018 Eligibility Criteria.