- JIPMER MBBS/ MD/ MS Entrance Exam 2018
- JIPMER 2018 for MBBS
- JIPMER 2018 application form for MBBS
- JIPMER 2018 MBBS Important Dates
- JIPMER 2018 Post Graduate (MD/MS) Important dates
- JIPMER 2018 Eligibility for MBBS
- Eligibility for MD/MS at JIPMER
- JIPMER examination fee
- JIPMER 2018 admit card
- JIPMER 2018 exam pattern and answer key
- JIPMER 2018 Contact Details
- Leave a comment
JIPMER MBBS/ MD/ MS Entrance Exam 2018
The Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research or JIPMER is located in Puducheery. It is at a road distance of 170 kilometers from Chennai. It is one of the premier institutes in India for medical education. The institute has been recognized as an institute of national importance by an Act of parliament. The institute offers graduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) courses in medicine. The duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months with an additional 1 year for internship.
The duration of postgraduate (MD/MS) courses is 3 years. There are a total of 150 seats in MBBS and 104 seats in MD/MS program. For admission to the courses, the institute conducts All India Entrance Examinations, both for graduate and postgraduate courses each year. The details of JIPMER 2018 entrance examinations for both graduate and post graduate course levels has been given below.
JIPMER 2018 for MBBS
The JIPMER 2018 entrance exam for admission to JIPMER’s MBBS course is an objective type exam of 150 minute duration. It consists of question based on the 10+2 syllabus of the government recognized boards of India. The subjects on which questions are based on include Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
JIPMER 2018 application form for MBBS
A candidate can apply for the JIPMER exam through online mode only. He/she has to log on the website www.jipmer.edu.in and register himself/herself as a candidate. He then needs to fill all his personal and educational details in columns provided in the online application form. He/she needs to upload a scanned copy of his/her photograph and signature. The candidate must have a placard when his/her photograph is taken. His/her name and date of photograph clicking must be clearly written on the placard.
The application fee for the JIPMER 2018 exam can only be paid online through credit/debit card or through net banking.
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Important Dates
- Date of exam is in first week of June 2018/Sunday; Exam timings are from 10 am 12.30 pm.
- Online Registration for the exam starts from the First week of March 2018.
- The last date for registering online is the First week of May 2018.
- Date/time period for downloading the online admit card form the JIPMER website is from May 2018
- Expected date of Results/ Merit list is June 2018
- The MBBS course session starts from July 2018.
JIPMER 2018 Post Graduate (MD/MS) Important dates
- Start of Online Registration from Second week of March 2018
- The last date for registering online is Last week of April 2018
- Date of JIPMER 2018 post graduate exam is in Last week of May 2018. Timing is from 9 am to 12 noon.
- Downloading of admit cards starts from First week of May 2018
- Downloading of admit cards ends on last week of May 2018.
- Date of results/merit list announcement on JIPEMR website is June 2018.
There are a total of 30 examination centers of JIPMER in various cities of India. The city wise list of examination centers can be download from Here.
JIPMER 2018 Eligibility for MBBS
- Any Indian national or overseas citizen of India can apply for the course.
- The candidate must have passed/appearing in the 12th examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology/Biotechnology.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age or should attain 17 years of age on or before December 2017. The candidate must be born on or before January 1999.
- The 12th standard eligibility qualification must be obtained from a central govt. /state govt. recognized board and institution.
Eligibility for MD/MS at JIPMER
The candidate must have passed MBBS from an institute recognized by MCI. He /She should have either completed or must be completing his/her 1-year internship. The JIPMER 2018 entrance exam is of 180 minute duration. There are total of 104 seats in the post-graduate streams available in JIPMER.
JIPMER examination fee
Examination fees for the MBBS course- The fee for the exam is Rs 1000. The fee for SC, ST and OPH candidates is Rs 800. Transaction charges are also applicable.
JIPMER 2018 admit card
There is a cut off percentage above which the candidate will be considered for admission in JIPMER. The minimum percentile cut off the candidate should obtain in the JIPER 2018 exam varies with the category of candidates. It is 50% for general category candidates, 45% for OPH (physically handicapped candidates), and 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
The admit card can only be downloaded from the JIPMER 2018 website. No personal admit card will be sent to the candidates. The candidate must also take his valid ID proof at the examination center.
JIPMER 2018 exam pattern and answer key
The candidates appearing for MBBS must have a good knowledge of +2 syllabuses of physics, chemistry and biology. They must obtain good marks to get a rank in JIPMER s number of seats is very limited. This holds true for both graduate and postgraduate courses. The exam syllabus of JIPMER is similar to other medical entrance exams. The candidates can study at specialized coaching institutes and undertake rigorous self study to actually gain a rank in JIPMER.
Those candidates who will appear for the MD/MS post graduate exam must have good knowledge of the MBBS subjects.
JIPMER 2018 Contact Details
DIRECTOR’S OFFICE: Director Office : 0413-2296002, 0413-2272901 Email: [email protected] Website: Go to Homepage