Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test 2017
Rajasthan PET or pre entrance test is conducted in the state of Rajasthan for admissions in government and private engineering colleges of Rajasthan. The candidates can study in various engineering branches including computers, electrical science, mechanical, mining, agriculture, electronics and communication, civil, information technology etc. if they get selected in the RPET examination. The candidates who get through RPET 2017 and obtain good marks will get admission in government engineering colleges of Rajasthan. They can get admitted to private engineering colleges. The admissions will be on the basis of rank/marks obtained by the candidate.
RPET 2017 Application form
The Rajasthan PET application form will be available online on the website www.techedu.rajasthan.gov.in. The candidate must register himself/herself on the website. He will be allotted a registration number by the website which he/she must note down. The registration number will be useful in all future communications with the RPET board and website. Candidate must upload /enter their photograph, signature and other details correctly in the RPET application form. He/she must have a mobile number for applying to RPET. If the form is not filled completely filled or is filled in an incomplete manner, then it will be rejected.
The fee for RPET is Rs.815. Rs 800 is the examination fee and Rs. 15 is the application fee processing charges. The fee can be deposited through e.mitra online submission or through CSC kiosk centers that are authorized by the government of Rajasthan.
After filling the application form, and previewing it , the candidate has to take out a hard copy of the form, attach attested copies of the required documents (like 12th mark-sheet, domicile certificate etc.).and send the documents to:
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan,
W-6, Residency Road, Jodhpur – 342 032
The application can also be sent to:
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan,
RPET 2017 Eligibility criteria
The candidate must have passed his/her 12th standard examination from the Rajasthan Board/ any equivalent board recognized by government of India or Government of Rajasthan. Apart from passing the 12th standard examination, the candidate must also have obtained at least 45% in aggregate in the combination of subjects physics, mathematics and a third subject out of chemistry or bio technology or computer science or biology.
- The SC/ST, non creamy layer of OBC, non creamy layer of SBC must have acquired at least 40% in the 12th
- The candidates appearing in their 12th exam can also appear for RPET provided they acquire the necessary qualification before they are allotted seat in an engineering college.
- Candidates born on or after October 1, 1990 are eligible for RPET 2017.
The candidate must also be medically fit if he./she wants to study in Rajasthan PET colleges. The necessary requirements are mentioned below.
- Height- at least 1.5 meter for male and 1.4 meter for female.
- Weight- at least 41 kg for male and 37 kg for female candidates.
- Chest size- At least 69 cm with proper expansion and contraction.
- No abnormality in heart and lungs.
- Sight- for mining engineering, the candidate must not have color blindness. If the candidate has defective vision then it must be corrected to 6/9 in better eyes and 6/12 in worse eye. The candidate must have no congenital eye disease.
- Diseases- If the candidate is having diseases like hernia, piles, hydrocele etc. then the disease must be corrected before he/she joins the course of study.
- Hearing and speech- Hearing and speech should be normal. If there is hearing impairment, then it must be corrected before the candidate joins the course.
Only candidates who fulfill the domicile criteria can appear in Rajasthan PET.
There are three domicile categories. The categories are mentioned below.
- Category A- The candidate himself/herself or either one or both of his/her parents must be bonafide resident/residents of Rajasthan.
- Category B- The candidate has studied as a regular candidate in the government recognized institutions of Rajasthan at least in his/her last three years of regular school education and have had studied in classes 12th, 11th and 10th .
- Category C- The candidate is a son/daughter of a Rajasthan government or Central government current/retired Also, children of employee of Rajasthan state natives , who are working elsewhere in India in Central Government /PSU’s/ government educational institutions etc. jobs can appear for RPET-2017. Such employees must have served the governments/professional education bodies etc. for at least 3 years..
RPET Reservation of seats
The reservation is as follows:
- 12% for ST candidates. 16% for SC candidates, 21 % for candidates who belong to non creamy OBC layer and 1 % for candidates who belong to non creamy SBC category.
- Horizontal reservation will also be given. It would be 3$ for physically handicapped candidates, 3% to defense killed/gallantry award winners/ ex servicemen and 25% for women category categories.
- 5% reservation over and above the above mentioned reservation percentage will be for Kashmiri Migrants. All candidates who will apply in the reserved category (it would be mentioned in the online application form) will have to produce necessary certificates.
RPET 2017 exam pattern
The candidates have to appear in a single examination that will be of 3 hours duration. The candidate will face question in the subjects physics, chemistry and mathematics. 40 questions will be asked from each subject and there will be a total of 120 questions.
RPET 2017 Important dates
- Issue of online application form- Last week of March 2017.
- Last date of filling the application form- 2nd /3rd week of April 2017.
- Last date of sending the hard copy/printout of the application form- 3rd /4th week of April
- Date of RPET examination- 3rd/4th week of May 2017.
The exam will most probably be conducted from 9 am in the morning to 12 am in the noon.
Rajasthan PET 2017 Syllabus
The RPET syllabus can be downloaded from the website link below. The website page gives details of all the topics of subjects including physics, chemistry and mathematics.
RPET 2017 Admit card
The RPET 2017 admit card will be uploaded on the RPET website www.techedu.rajasthan.gov.in . It can be downloaded from the website by the candidate by entering the registration number he/she has been given while filling the application form. No candidate will be receiving a admit card delivered to his home address.
RPET 2017 cutoff
The candidates will be ranked according to the marks they obtain in the RPET. On the basis of rank list, they will be allotted colleges. The percentage of passing of RPET is 5% less for SC/ST candidates. The RPET board will send RPET mark-sheets by post to the candidates.
Rajasthan PET Preparation
You can find the previous year question papers of RPET in the website link given below:
Specialized engineering coaching institutes can provide study material and classes that can prepare a candidate for appearing in RPET. In order to obtain good rank and get admission to premier institutes, the candidate must study hard in his 11 and 12th subjects viz. physics, mathematics and the third optional subject.
RPET is now replaced with REAP
RPET contact Details
Coordinator RPET, Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan W-6, Residency Road, Jodhpur –342 032 Fax: 0291-2430398 Website: http://techedu.rajasthan.gov.in Go to Homepage