St. Longowal Instt. of Engineering & Technology Entrance
SLIET stands for Sant. Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology. It is government institute and provides education in the newer areas of Engineering and Technology. The institute was set up in 1989. The courses offered by the institute include post graduate degree, graduate degree, certificate and diploma in engineering. It also offers post graduate degree in management and science (MBA and M.Sc.). It offers PhD. in engineering, management, humanities and science. The institute is fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development. It has been given the status of deemed university in the year 2007. SLIET is located in Longowal, Sangrur, Punjab.
The SLIET conducts SET or SLIET Entrance Test for admission to its various courses each year.
SLIET SET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- For 3 year ICD (Integrated certificate diploma) program- The candidate must have passed 10th standard exam and must have passed English, science and mathematics compulsorily.
- For lateral entry to ICD (in 2nd year) – The candidate must have passed 12th/ITI with 50% of marks. For reserved category the lower limit of marks is 45%.
ICD stands for integrated certificate diploma or engineering diplomas in streams civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering, computer science and engineering, chemical and food engineering courses. In SET 2017 two sets of paper will be there for candidates of the 2 categories. Questions will be on the subjects including general knowledge, mental aptitude, physics, chemistry, mathematics and English.
- Admission in two year diploma program- Only candidates who were admitted in the SLIET in the year 2013 for ICD course and who have obtained at least 50% marks in the certificate diploma(45% for reserved category candidates), can apply for the 2 year diploma. The question paper of the exam will comprise of questions form subjects physics, chemistry, mathematics, English and general knowledge.
- Admission for 4 year engineering degree courses- Candidates have to qualify in the JEE exam 2017 /SLIET SET 2017 and get good marks to qualify in the SLIET counseling. Seats will be allotted at the time of counseling.
- Admission to M.Tech courses-The candidate must have a valid SLIET 2017 score card. Seats will be allotted at the time of counseling.
- Admission to MBA- The candidate must have a valid CAT/CMAT/SLIET 2017 score card at the time of counseling. Seats will be allotted at the time of counseling.
- Admission to M.Sc.- Candidate should have qualified PU-CET/CU-CET/other relevant examination in the year 2017.
- For applying to PhD – Candidate must have a master degree in the relevant subject and qualified GATE/NET or SLIET exam.
SLIET SET 2017 application form
The SLIET SET 2017 online application form is available on the website www.sliet.net.in. Important points of form filling process are:
- The candidate has to register himself on the site and fill all necessary details.
- He has to upload his signature and photograph in the online application form. He will be also required to name the test center.
- The application fee can be paid through e-challan, net banking, credit and debit cards.
- After filling the application form correctly and fully, the candidate has to take out the print out of the online application form. He/she has to put his/her thumb impression on the designated space.
- The registration page has to be sent to the Chairman, SET 2017 by registered/speed post.
The application fee for SLIET 2017 can be submitted online. The fee structure is given below.
- Boys of general, obc and other categories- Rs 1200
- Girls of general, obc and other categories- Rs 800
- Boys and girls of SC/ST category- Rs 600
A merit list will be prepared by the SLIET based on the candidate’s performance in SLIET SET and other exams. The candidates will be allotted seats at the time of counseling on the basis of their marks in the exams.
SET 2017 Important dates
- Last date of receiving application form- Last week of March 2017
- Downloading of admit cards starts from- ____ April 2017.
- Time period of counseling and verification of documents- from May to July 2017.
- The SLIET SET 2017 will be conducted at 64 examination centers across India.
- Date of examination for all courses- April 2017
SLIET SET 2017 question paper pattern
- For admission to 3 year ICD program, SET 1 paper will be there. The time of SET 1 paper exam will be from 10 am to 12.30 pm.
- For ICD lateral entry- SET 1A question paper will be there. The time of SET 1A paper exam will be from 10 am to 12.30 pm.
- For 2 year diploma program SET-II question paper will be there. The time of SET II paper exam will be from 10 am to 12.30 pm.
- For B.E. lateral entry, the SET III question paper will be there. The time of the SET III paper is form 14.30 to 17.00 hours.
- For PhD entry, SET V paper will be there. The timing of the SET V paper is form 14.30 to 17.00 hours.
SLIET SET 2017 Admit cards
The SLIET SET 2017 admit cards will be uploaded on internet on the SLIET website. The candidates can download them from the website after ____ of April 2017. The admit cards will have 2 copies. 1 copy will be deposited by the candidate at the examination center. He/she will retain the other copy for future reference.
SLIET SET 2017 Answer Key
The candidate can study for respective exams at the specialized coaching institutions. The internet can be searched for previous year question papers.
SLIET contact details
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Longowal – 148106, Distt. Sangrur (Pb.), India Phone : +91-1672-280057 Website: http://sliet.ac.in/ Go to Homepage