Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission- TNEA Exam 2017
TNEA or Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission is an authority for admissions in engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. It is a state level counseling procedure for admission in engineering colleges of TN. TNEA 2017 will most probably be chaired by the Vice chancellor of Anna University. The degree awarded after successfully completing the four year engineering course will be B.E i.e. Bachelor of Engineering or B.Tech. i.e. Bachelor of Technology.
TNEA Exam 2017
The state level admission procedure TNEA will be conducted by Anna University, which is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu will take admissions in their colleges on the basis of performance of students in their 12th standard i.e. the final marks they obtained in physics, chemistry and mathematics taken together. The colleges that will take admissions include Universities of Tamil Nadu, Government and Government-Aided colleges.
TNEA 2017 Eligibility
- Only candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu i.e. are domiciles of Tamil Nadu can appear in the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission counseling. Those candidates who have got school education in Tamil Nadu but are from other state or nation can also appear in the exam.
- Children of personnel who are employed in Tamil Nadu state government or public sector units but are from some other state can also appear in the exam. The service period of such parents should at least be of 5 years.
- The appearing candidate must have cleared 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects from a board recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu for appearing in the TNEA counseling.
- The least percentage required in 12th standard for appearing in TNEA is 50% (as an aggregate of the marks obtained in physics , chemistry and mathematics taken together )for general category candidates, 40% for MBC and DNC, 35% for ST,SC and SCA candidates and 45% for backward class(OBC) and candidates including muslim candidates.
TNEA 2017 Application form
TNEA 2017 application form will be available both online and offline.
Students who want to appear for the exam can register themselves on the official website of Anna University and download the TNEA application. They will have to fill their details in the downloaded form, attach a demand draft (Rs 500 for general candidates and Rs 250 for candidates of other categories) and also attach other necessary documents (including 12th standard mark-sheet and other documents) as notified in the application filling guidelines. The duly filled form along with other documents and DD has to be sent to The Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai. See the whole address provided in the official notification before making the DD and sending the application form.
The candidates can obtain the offline forms from the distribution centers authorized by Anna University. The form contains guidelines of filling them and the address to the place they have to be sent. Check all the documents before sending the form, otherwise it will be rejected.
By post-aspiring candidates can send a requisition letter to the Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University, Chennai-600025 along with a DD of Rs. 700 (for general candidates) and Rs. 450 (for other reserved category candidates) addressed in favor of the secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai. Your application letter should also contain a self addressed envelope (in which the university will mail you application form) and a Xerox of the permanent community card.
TNEA 2017 Important Dates
- Date of notification of TNEA 2017: week of May 2017.
- Date of the issue of application forms for TNEA 2017: week of May 2017.
- Last date of issue of application forms of TNEA 2017: 2nd half of May 2017.
- Last date of Submission of application forms of TNEA 2017 – June 4th week/July 1st week 2017
- Date of TNEA 2017 assignment of random numbers – June 2017 2nd week
- Publication of rank list– 3rd week/4th week of the June 2017
- Date of counseling and admissions to Tamil Nadu Engineering Colleges – June 4th week to July 2nd week 2017.
TNEA 2017 Application fees
- If the candidate prefers the online mode of application, then the fees structure is Rs 500 for candidates of general category and Rs 250 for all other candidates which belong to SC, ST, SCA, OBC or Muslim category.
- If the candidate prefer offline mode, then the fees structure is Rs 700 for general candidates and Rs 450 for SC, ST, OBC, SCA and Muslim candidates.
TNEA Documents Required
The documents that are to be attached with the application form are as follows:
- Mark-sheet of 10th and 12th exams.
- Transfer certificate– For those candidates whose parents have been posted in Tamil Nadu for the last five years and who have received their last five years of education (from 8th to 12th standard ) in Tamil Nadu.
- Nativity certificate– For those who have received last 5 years of education (from 8th to 12th standard) outside Tamil Nadu but are natives of Tamil Nadu.
- Examination hall ticket of class 12th (for those students appearing in the intermediate i.e. 12th exam).
- Demand draft– The demand draft has to be made in favor of “The Secretary”, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai)
- Refugee certificate– For Tamil Sri Lankan refugees.
- Community certificate– For reserved class candidates including SC, ST, SCA, Muslims, OBC, MBC, DNC etc.
TNEA 2017 Result
Those who have higher marks and have better performed in their 12th examinations will get more premier colleges. This is so because the Anna University will shortlist candidates and publish their names in a ranked list after ranking candidates according to their marks in 12th standard. The list will be published at some point in June, tentatively around 2nd or 3rd week of June on the official website of the university/TNEA board.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
The shortlisted candidates will be called for seat allotment in the engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. The candidates will be required to mark their college preferences while counseling. The university will then process the applications and publish the final list of candidates and colleges on the basis of the ranks. Candidates will be notified about the college they got where they will study the engineering course. The rank, cutoff, marks and seat allotment will also depend on the reservation structure, college, stream of engineering along with the performance of candidate in 12th standard exam. The counseling will be done at Anna University, Guindy campus.
TNEA 2017 contact details
The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Phone: 044 – 2235 8044 044 – 2235 8-45 044 – 2235 8065 044 – 2235 8-66 044 – 2235 8067 044 – 2235 8-68 Email: email@example.com Official website: www.annauniv.edu Go to Homepage