VITEEE 2017 cut off marks: Vellore Institute of Technology is the institute that conducts VITEEE which stands for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. VITEEE is appeared by the students who wish to pursue their career in the field of engineering. VIT offers carious graduate level engineering courses for which it takes admissions through VITEEE 2017 entrance examination.
VIT ranks among the top 10 engineering institutes in the country. That inevitably makes VITEEE as one of the toughest examinations for which the competition level is extremely high. Which is why, lacks of students appear for the examination to try make it to the institute.
VITEEE 2017 Cut off Marks
VITEEE 2017 cut off marks will decide a student’s entrance in the institute. With the help of cut-off score, students can compare their performance level at VITEEE 2017 in much better and effective way.
As per the information provided by VIT university, these are the key points regarding VITEEE 2017 cut off. The below information is with respect to that of year 2017
- There will be no minimum marks that defiant eh admission into the university
- The examination is a computer based test which is held in different slots on different days. To maintain the level of equality among all the different tests, the equi-percentile method is used. Through this method, then scored obtained on different slots make up for the same percentile rank
- VITEEE cut off is not applicable as a qualifying mark
- Those students who rank between 1 and 8000 were called on the first day of counseling itself
- Those candidates whose rank fall between 8001 to 12000, were called for the second counselling day
- On the third counselling day, students who rank between 12001 and 16000 are called
- During phase 2 of VITEEE counselling, those whose rank was between 20000 to 99000 were called
- There were 5000 students approximately and the seats filled up in mid-way of phase 2 of counseling
Tentative Cut off for VITEEE 2017
After analysis of previous cut-offs, it appears that candidates who secure 60-70 marks out of 120 have a good change of getting listed in the top 10000 list of VITEEE 2017.