WBJEE 2018 Entrance Exam details have been announced bt the West Bengal board. Those candidates who want to attend the exam on correct time can check the WBJEE Entrance Exam 2018 from our website. WBJEE 2018 is an entrance exam conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for undergraduates aspiring to pursue a career in the field of engineering and medicine. The exam was initiated in 1962 and since then occurs every year with thousands of students appearing for it.
West Bengal JEE: WBJEE 2018
There is a neck throat competition as students work hard throughout the year for it. The WBJEE 2018 syllabus for the test is based on 12th standard course material and mainly focuses on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Various coaching classes are available which train students to excel in the examination. Time and speed are important while solving this exam paper. The candidate also has correctly filled the online application to avoid rejection in the further process.
WBJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate looking forward to appearing to WBJEE- West Bengal JEE 2018 must be aware of the eligibility criteria formulated by the University in order to appear for the exam. Here is a list of guidelines that will give you a clear view of the eligibility criteria laid by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
- A student should have cleared his 12th standard examination or has passed an equivalent examination which is recognized by a state board or a known university.
- A candidate must have a good score in PCM group as well as PCB group as required by the university.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
WBJEE Age Restriction:
- For Engineering (Excluding Marine Engineering), Pharmacy and Architecture courses: A candidate must be at least 17 years old as on 31.12.2018. Also, there is no upper age limit.
- Marine Engineering Course: A candidate must be at least 17 years old as on 31.12.2018 and must not be above 25 years of age as on 31.07.2018.
- Medical/Dental Courses: A candidate must at least be 17 years old as on 31.12.2018 and there is no upper age limit.
The candidate must provide with the residential domicile according to the requirement of the college as per the rules laid by WBJEE 2018. The students must submit domicile in the Proforma form which can be downloaded and printed on A4 size paper. This must be signed by any of the listed government officials of either state or central government.
The students belonging to reserved category are eligible only if they provide with the caste certificate. In certain private and unaided institutions, reservation of seats is not mandatory and solely depends on the college authorities.
WBJEE 2018 Important dates
The candidates will have to visit the official websitewww.wbjeeb.nic.in and fill the application form with all the necessary details. The students have to use the system generated application number and chosen password.
Incomplete forms will not be entertained and the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage. The candidate has to pay a fee of Rs.500. The candidate also has to be alert about the important dates of the WBJEE examination procedure. Here is a list of dates that will help you:
|Online form submission||12-2017 to 02-2018|
|Payment of Fee||12-2017 to 03-2018|
|Uploading of documents||12-2017 to 03-2018|
|Exam date||April 2018|
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
The softcopy of the WBJEE 2018 admit card will be made available online which has to be downloaded and printed by the student. Only students who are eligible and who have filled the application form correctly will be able to download the admit card from the official website. The candidate must ensure that the signature and picture on the admit card are not distorted.
The candidate must carry two similar copies of photographs which are same as that submitted at the time of WBJEE 2018 application filling. The candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam in the absence of the admit card. Also, the candidate has to retain the admit card for various procedures until he/she get a seat allotted.
WBJEE 2018 Result
After the declaration of the results, a merit list is published. This is nothing but the resulting cut-off which is nothing but the minimum marks with the help of which a candidate will get a seat allotted in their desired engineering course.
WBJEE 2018 Answer Key
The answer key provides students with answers to all the questions that have occurred in the exam. The students become aware of their performance in the exam from the answer key and thus can predict their result. The WBJEE 2018 answer key shall be made available on the official website with 2-3 days post the exam. The students can, therefore, download the answer key and hence can evaluate their performance.
WBJEE Counselling Procedure 2018
The counseling procedure is a step by step procedure which every student has to follow. Here is the flow of this process which will take place in three rounds.
- First, the students have to register online at wbjeeb.nic.in for counseling procedure of WBJEE 2018 and pay a fee of Rs.506 through e-challan generated in the name of Allahabad Bank. The candidate as to log in again and fill in the challan details. Also, he has to retain the fee copy.
- After registration, students have to provide with their choices and lock them once the final choices are entered. After locking, the choices cannot be modified. The students have to register and fill choices only once for all three rounds.
- After successful processing based on the merit, students are allotted seats in the 1st round and have to report at the ARC within the given time. Also, there will be vacancy due to non-reporting. The same procedure is carried in a 2nd and 3rd round where the remaining seats are considered.
- The candidate who does not report at ARC to confirm their seat is ineligible for further process.
WBJEE Contact Details
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091. Phone : (033) 2367 1159/ 1198 Email : [email protected] Toll free help desk: 1800-1023-781
Thanks for visiting Education God. Subscribe to our website or like our Facebook page to get continuous updates about the exam you care for 🙂